Score with Intel® Core™: Competition Overview
Score with Intel® Core™ is back! Get involved early so you know what to do to earn the most Points and Chips possible.
Early registration for Score with Intel® Core™ opens May 18, 2016 and closes June 13, 2016 at 4:59 p.m. Central Time.
Stores can still register at any time throughout the competition.
During the early registration period, your store manager can nominate local schools to receive a technology donation if your store wins or places in the competition.
Individuals don’t need to register to compete—simply complete the competition Learning activities as they become available. This is your ticket into the competition.
However, you can (and should!) encourage your manager to register your store early so everyone can earn more Chips!
Earn Bonus Chips
Individual reps and store teams can earn several thousand bonus Chips by participating during the early registration period.
Individual Chip Bonus
When you complete the first two competition Learning activities before the early registration period ends, you’ll receive a 1,500 Chip bonus (credited to your account after the early registration period ends).
Store Team Chip Bonus
For a store to register and earn a Store Team Chip Bonus:
- A general manager or authorized person1 must log in and nominate between two and five local K–12 schools to receive a $25,000 donation (if that store wins the Grand Prize).
- At least four store reps must complete the first two competition Learning activities.
If both tasks are completed before the end of the early registration period, every rep from the store who has completed the first two competition Learning activities will receive a 3,000 Chip bonus (credited to accounts after the early registration period ends).
Registration and Important Dates
Make sure you understand the timeline of the competition.2
- First two Learning activities launch: May 2
- Early registration begins: May 18
- Early registration period ends: June 13
- Competition begins: June 13
- Remaining Learning activities launch: four every Monday until July 25
- Competition ends: August 1
Stores can register at any time during the competition. Follow these steps:
- A general manager or authorized person1 must log in and nominate at least two local K–12 schools to be eligible for the $25,000 donation.
- At least four store reps must complete at least one competition Learning activity or participate in a ReCON quiz.
ReCON quizzes will be available starting June 13.
Please Note: Stores may continue to nominate up to five schools after the competition begins.
The main components of the competition are:
- Mystery Shops
- Weekly Learning activities
- ReCON quizzes
Mystery Shops will again be an important component of the competition. Mystery Shops affect only Store Points.
We’ve shaken up our Mystery Shops this year!
- There will be two waves of Mystery Shops.
- Stores will earn Points based on their performance during each wave.
- Maximum available Store Points for each wave:
- Wave 1: 40,000
- Wave 2: 60,000
During a Mystery Shop, store reps will be judged on whether they say or communicate these main messages to customers:
- 2 in 1 PCs powered by Intel® Core™ m processors provide the speed of a PC, razor-thin designs, and long battery life.
- Laptops, desktops, and All-in-One PCs powered by 6th gen Intel® Core™ processors provide a new standard for PC performance.
- Get great performance at a value with Intel® Celeron® or Intel® Pentium® processors inside a wide range of devices from 2 in 1s to All-in-Ones.
- Intel creates breakthrough technologies that make amazing experiences possible.
- How old is your PC? Upgrade to a new device with Intel Inside® to experience improved multitasking, breakthrough performance, brilliant graphics, and thin and light form factors.
Want to ace the Mystery Shops? Download the Retail Experience Tool (RXT) and use it to engage customers and sharpen your selling skills.
Weekly Learning Activities
Each week during the competition, we’ll post four Learning activities. By successfully completing them, you’ll earn Chips, Individual and Store Points, and Tri-Gate Tokens you can redeem for prize drawing entries.†
ReCON quizzes are an important part of the competition. Complete quizzes (up to 10 per day) to help boost your Store and Individual Points. You’ll also earn Tri-Gate Tokens.†
Points, Chips, Tri-Gate Tokens
During the competition:
- Stores can earn Store Points
- Reps can earn Individual Points, Chips, and Tri-Gate Tokens
Store and Individual Points
Stores earn Points based on:
- Competition Learning activities
- ReCON quizzes
- Mystery Shop scores
Reps will earn Individual Points for completing:
- Competition Learning activities
- ReCON quizzes
Reps will also earn varying numbers of Chips for successfully completing competition Learning activities.
Reps will earn one Tri-Gate Token for each successfully completed:
- ReCON quiz
- Competition Learning activity
- NEW! HP* Partner Showcase Learning activity
That’s right! Complete HP* Partner Showcase Learning activities throughout the competition to earn extra Tri-Gate Tokens!
Redeem Tri-Gate Tokens on your Individual Dashboard to earn 1, 5, 10, or 25 prize drawing entries. Tri-Gate Tokens do not expire and will carry over each week.
Prize Drawing Entry Multiplier
When you redeem your Tri-Gate Token, your current Status level will act as a multiplier.
- Legends: earn 4x
- Masters: earn 3x
- Apprentices: earn 2x
- Novices: earn 1x
There’s nothing like Walt Disney World®, and we’re excited to be giving away 50 trips this year!
Any Member, at any Status Level, can win an amazing five-day adventure.
Who will win a trip to Walt Disney World®?
- 18 highest-scoring Legends
- 18 highest-scoring Masters
- 10 randomly selected Members
- 4 highest-scoring Champions
Champions? Champions are Members who’ve won a Score with Intel® Core™ Grand Prize in the past three years. They will compete against each other, regardless of Status Level, to win another trip to Walt Disney World®!
In addition, any non-winner who completes all 30 competition Learning activities will be entered to win 1 of 10 additional trips to Walt Disney World®!
To earn entries for the competition’s weekly prize drawings, you need to:
- Successfully complete a ReCON quiz, a weekly competition Learning activity, or an HP* Partner Showcase Learning activity to receive a Tri-Gate Token
- Redeem your Tri-Gate Token (on your Individual Dashboard) for a random number of prize drawing entries (1, 5, 10, or 25), which could be multiplied, depending on your Status Level
Check out a few of the awesome prizes we’re giving away:
- TAG Heuer* Connected watch
- HP* printers, 4K displays, speakers
- Quadcopter drone with HD camera
- Steampunk-style chronometer
Please Note: Prize drawing entries do not carry over from week to week. Tri-Gate Tokens do carry over, but you must redeem them to receive prize drawing entries.
Store Grand Prize
- $25,000 school donation and ceremony
- Catered store celebration for up to 100 people
- HP* gaming notebook powered by an Intel® Core™ i7 processor for up to 10 top-performing reps
- $10,000 school donation and ceremony
- HP* All-in-One PC powered by an Intel® Core™ i5 processor for up to five top-performing reps
- $5,000 school donation and ceremony
- HP* 2 in 1 PC powered by an Intel® Core™ i3 processor for up to five top-performing reps
Hey, we’re not your mom. Don’t cheat.
These are the rules. Break them, and we judge you.
- You may have only one account.
- ALL potential winners will be audited.
- Providing your account to another rep is cheating.
- You must do your own work.
In an effort to make things fair for everyone—especially those who work hard and follow the rules—we will audit results throughout the competition.
Get Started Now!
Make sure your store is registered early. Get your team together and prepare for the competition.
Score with Intel® Core™: Game Play
As part of Score with Intel® Core™, you’ll complete ReCON quizzes to help your store get ahead in the rankings and to earn Individual Points and Tri-Gate Tokens.
ReCON questions are taken from current Learning activities on the regular Program Website, as well as from intel.com.
We’ve used these sources to formulate general questions about devices, Intel® processors, and Intel history.
|All-in-One PCs||Intel® NUC|
|Intel® RealSense™ technology||Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology|
|6th generation Intel® Core™ processors||Intel® Atom™ processors|
|The Intel Corporation||Intel Newsroom|
How to Play
Earn Tri-Gate Tokens redeemable for prize drawing entries† by completing ReCON quizzes every day.
We’ve upped the ante for 2016! Now you can complete 10 ReCON quizzes per day!
- You have 60 seconds to complete a ReCON quiz.
- The number of questions for each ReCON quiz type may vary.
- A ReCON quiz is considered a loss if you:
- Cannot answer all the questions in 60 seconds
- Navigate away from a ReCON quiz at any time
- You need to score at least 80% on a ReCON quiz to earn your Tri-Gate Token.
- You may attempt 10 ReCON quizzes each day.
- A “day” begins at 5 p.m. Central Time and lasts for 24 hours.
For every ReCON quiz you successfully complete (score 80% or better), you’ll receive one Tri-Gate Token. You can redeem your Tri-Gate Tokens for a random number of entries for the weekly prize drawings†—1, 5, 10, or 25—which could be multiplied, depending on your Status level.
Redeem your Tri-Gate Tokens on your Individual Dashboard.
- Tri-Gate Tokens will not expire, and they will carry over each week until the end of the competition.
- Tri-Gate Tokens must be redeemed to earn prize drawing entries.
In addition, you’ll receive Individual and Store Points for successfully completing ReCON quizzes.
Pretty easy to understand, right? So, take the Quiz and earn some Chips!